- 1 small ONION
- 1 clove GARLIC
- 1 tablespoon CORIANDER
- 1 bunch PARSLEY
- 1 CARROT
- 1 can CHICKPEAS
- 1/2 tablespoon CINNAMON
- 1/2 tablespoon CAYENNE PEPPER
- 1/2 tablespoon ground CLOVES
- 1/2 tablespoon ground NUTMEG
- SALT to taste
- 3 tablespoon PLAIN FLOUR, if too sticky you may need more
- 1tablespoon BAKING POWDER
- some LEMON JUICE (I squeezed 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon COCONUT OIL, any oil is fine
- 1 tablespoon CUMIN (I didn’t add it)
- Pre-heat oven 200°C and prepare oven tray with a baking paper sheet.
- Put onion and garlic into the bowl chop 3 seconds on speed 7 or until chopped.
- Add oil and mix 3 minutes, Varoma temperature on speed 2.
- Add spices and cook for a further 1 minute, Varoma temperature on speed 2.
- Add carrot and parsley and chop 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add chickpeas, baking powder and blend 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add flour and lemon juice mix 5 – 10 seconds on speed 5 or until everything is combined. If it is too sticky, just add a little more flour.
- Form mixture into 9 small patties (or 12 if you prefer smaller patties) and place into prepared oven tray. Brush some oil, this will make them go brown.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn half way through baking and if necessary, brush more oil.
- After 25 minutes they will look like this…. Enjoy!